Thursday, April 17, 2014

Strawberry Banana Muffins!

I have just recently invested in silicone baking cups.

Umm.. Best invention ever!

Not even kidding. Stuff falls right out of them and you don't lose half the batter to the paper wrapping, PLUS you buy them once and then get to reuse them a bajillion times. Gotta love not going to make muffins and going... DANGIT no muffin cups.

I know.. you have that problem all the time just like me right? .... right.

So anyway, I had a lot of bananas on hand that were gross and brown spotty. I can't eat them like that, but they are perfect for baking! I also had some strawberries that were going bad so I said, I really need a strawberry banana something recipe annnnnnd thanks to Juli @ PaleOMG, I manipulated her Chocolate Chip Strawberry Banana Muffins into.. well, not chocolate chip.

I don't like chocolate chips in muffins.

Please don't kill me.



Strawberry Banana Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins             Prep: 10 min                Cook: 30-35 min

Ingredients:
> 3 bananas
> 3 eggs
> 4 dates - dried, pitted
> 3 TBSP almond butter (or other nut butter)
> 2.5 tsp vanilla extract
> 6 TBSP coconut flour
> 3 TBSP almond meal (or flaxseed meal if you have it)
> 1/4 tsp (heaping) baking soda
> 1/4 tsp (heaping) baking powder
> pinch of salt
> 3/4 cup strawberries (more if you prefer)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350.

1. Throw bananas, eggs, dates, almond butter, and vanilla in a blender (or food processor.. I used my blender because I have a bitty food processor), and pulse until smooth.
2. Throw in the flours, baking soda and powder and salt. Pulse until smooth again.
3. Move batter to a mixing bowl. Fold in strawberries. 
4. Spoon into (silicone) muffin cups. Don't be afraid to fill them up. It doesn't expand a TON, so they won't get crazy in the oven.
5. Cook for 30-35 min. It's a long time but you want to make sure they get cooked through. I patted mine and waited until they stopped making squishy noises because a toothpick went in clean and then I ate one and it was still a bit mushy inside. They'll brown up a bit too which is a good thing.

Enjoy! =]


No comments:

Post a Comment